Friday, March 28, 2008

Internet: Lost and Found

Hi all! Thank you so much for your comments. This is the first internet access I've had yet and my apologies but this will be very short.

A few quick things: South Africa is an amazingly beautiful place, it doesn't take much imagination to see the Lord leading me here permanently. I like all the new lingo and strange words you pick up whenever you get to a new place, and lastly there are some of the most amazing servents of our Lord Jesus Christ here that I've had the chance to encounter. The God we serve is alive and well all over the world!!!

Sorry this is short and no pics yet. Hopefully in the next day or two I will have something a bit "beefier" (as Jer, Char and I like...actually love to say) for you.

Challange #2: Take some time to really think about what you believe. I mean really THINK so that you truly know where your faith lies and why it is you keep it there.

Grace and Peace.

8 comments:

Jamie said...

i'm SO glad the Lord is teaching you so many amazing things already... keep letting him teach you. how long are you there for?? i'm so excited that you get to do this! I'll be praying for you kiddo. Miss you

Dan and Lynn said...

More, more... we want more...we are waiting for the pictures!!! Love you- Mum

Anonymous said...

Mick Westerman!
Its sad when I have to find out about your life through Dougie now! But I am soo glad that you're doing well and I know you're going to do awesome work and learn great things and I love that you're challenging all those who read your blog! I miss you so much! We all do! Everytime I walk past GNC I think of you! lol. Anyways keep updating! :) Love you!

Anonymous said...

Hey there--so you are in Africa. As I sit here definitely not doing homework I am a little jealous about your lifestyle. All I had to do while I was there was search for the Lord and see what He was doing and see how I fit into that. What a beautiful thing. I hope you are enjoying it to its fullest potential. Hey so I have Skype and if you want to chat sometime I would be down. My screen name is melissaberry1006. Hope you are enjoying the Lord's work in another country. So jealous.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of beefy...I weight the most I have ever weighted and I have NOT been working out so it is not "good weight" either. Anyways sounds like you are doing real good over there! I can wait to see more blog posts. I am glad you are finially getting to live out one of your adventures. We will be keeping you in our prayers. PS Your boys from UNC are looking good to win the Final Four but I hope they dont!

Your big bro,
Jer

Unknown said...

Hi Mick,
I'll be keeping up with your adventures and excited to have you here with us in July!! Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

If you want to vacation in Zambia, check out Karen's info www.zambiakaren.com

Love,
Laura

Anonymous said...

Hey Beav!!
I hope everything is going great for ya bud. I'm excited to see some pics from your adventure and your apartment. I can imagine how clean it is so make sure you clean before you send us some pics, haha. Well take care and can't wait to hear from you!!

Miss ya,
Doug

Pastor Jack said...

Good to see your post. I saw you in one of the pictures the Cook's emailed yesterday. Things in Chug are still chugging along. If you get homesick to see the Wyoming landscape, please check out my web cam: www.wyomingwx.net Looking forward to hearing more exciting stories, as to what God is doing in your life. Sue and I are praying for you.

Pastor Jack