Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Anatomy of My Life

Hello, ladies and germs! A quick update on the life and times of me.

I am currently sitting in the USF Student Union after taking my first of three Human Anatomy tests that I have over the next 14 days. At this point I am just trying to heed the wise words of my Mum and take things on one at a time. I felt like I was back playing in the State Basketball Tournament trying to hit two three's in 14 seconds to keep our third place game alive taking these tests. My whole university and future career depend on me doing well over the next fortnight and I once again felt like I nailed the first trey. Now we just have to foul, watch the other team make two free throws and then hit another shot at the buzzer.

Fact is, it's times like these where I preform my best and I recognise that it is because the Lord is faithful to me always. I am still just depending on Him and the abilities He has given me and I know that is sufficent, His grace is enough for me.

A few other noteworthy mentions: my parents had a great time on their 18 day adventure down under to Australia and New Zealand, a trip they richly deserved if only for putting up with my shenanagians for 22 years, and I must say I was a wee bit jealous, but I digress. The USF Cougar Football team is playing in the semi-finals for the fourth consecutive year as the University of Saint Francis Cougars come to town on Saturday for what should be a game for the ages; it's USFsquared II as this is a rematch of the 2006 National Championship game which our USF Cougars prevailed. I will once again be on the field filming for the video boards out at "The Bob" (the field is named for USF Hall of Fame coach Bob Young) and am quite keen at the prospect of a third Nat'l Chipper appearance in a row. Finals are quickly approaching and I feel very much up to the task that God has set before me and I only seek to glorify Him in my endevors.

Once again, I thank you to the point that words fail for your unwavering support in prayers and encouragement to my goals.

Love to you all.

Cheers.

2 comments:

Dan and Lynn said...

Way to go!!! I have been waiting for weeks of a post! Stay up on top and don't let yourself go DOWN UNDER... you can visit Australia one of these days in style! We are proud of you and know you can do it!!! Dad and I are praying you on! XXOO

Jennifer Miller said...

You will do awesome on your finals :) Reading these posts makes me wish I was still in school - I miss the crunch times!