Saturday, May 31, 2008

Bad Days and Date Nights

Okay so I've become a terribly lazy blogger for the past month. Its been very busy and very good around here lately and I'll get to that just now, but I would like to rewind quickly and remember a few important dates in the last month.

April 18- Happy Anniversery Dad and Mum! Its hard to believe that it has been 15 years since our families blended and now I can hardly imagine life without Dad, Hannah, and Abby. The Lord has been ever faithful to us and I would say that has made all the difference in my walk with Him.

May 13- Rev. Charles Beck Westerman goes home. Just as hard as it is to believe that its been 15 years as a Kirkbride-Westerman, it is probably even more so that it has been 17 years since Dad Chuck has passed away. As I grow older the ways that I miss him are different. I wonder what he would say to my current situation, my future career decisions, and my woman troubles among many other things. One thing I do know: he would be extremely proud of the men of God that his boys are becoming and of the family that they are part of.

May 18- Char Char the Dog Face Boy graduates High School! What in the world happened to the whiny, bed-wetting, penny-swallowing 9 year old Dog Face? Now he's become an 18 year old gradation-speaking, Washington State University-attending, clever writing, whiny, bed-wetting, penny-swallowing Dog Face! We kid. But in all honesty (and trust me, I hate doing this in full view of everyone) I am so proud of my little brother and I love to brag on him to everybody from Wyoming to South Africa. I am so excited to see him go make his own tracks at WSU and I'm sure one day we'll be watching the 10 p.m. SportsCenter hosted by our very own Charles Westerman. I take comfort in the fact that I will still be able to pummel him like the very, very little girl he is, however.

May 30- Happy Birthday to Jer! The quarter-century mark for the ol' ACC Bandwagoner himself! It has been so good for me to be in Souix Falls, SD with my older brother the last 3 years. His level-headedness and rational approach to life has helped me out of many a tricky situation. I appreciate all the support he has given me as a brother and a best friend. NOW MAKE ME AN UNCLE DANGIT!!!

2 comments:

lynnkirkbride said...

Yee Haw!!! You finally did it! Now write us about what has been going on there. Good thing you called Jer your best friend because he is about to kill you for all the stuff he has to put into his garage!!! Love- Mum

Anonymous said...

maybe you should ask OOBey and benjammin to have some tots. just a thought...